||Dr. Debendra Pradhan
||Smt. Basanta Manjari Pradhan
|Date of Birth
||26 June 1969
|Place of Birth
||Talcher Distt. Angul (Odisha)
|Date Of Marriage
||9th Dec 1998
||Smt Mridula T Pradhan
||1 Son, 1 Daughter
||M.A.(Anthropology) , Utkal University Bhubaneswar
||Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha(Bihar)
||Deendayal Nagar, Manikmara, Dharampur Talcher, Distt - Angul, Odisha 759100
||19, Teen Murti Marg, New Delhi 110011
||Office: 011-23381462, 011-23386622
Residence: 011-23018696, 011-23014511
||Member , Odisha Legislative Assembly
|2004 - 2009
||Member , 14th Lok Sabha
||Elected to Rajya Sabha
|May 2012 - Onwards
||Member Committee on Government Assurances, Member JPC to examine matters relating to allocation and pricing of telecom Licenses and spectrum
|May - Aug 2012
||Member, Committee of Rural Development
|Aug 2012- Onwards
||Member , Committee on Agriculture
|27th May 2014 -
||Minister of State (Independent Charge ) of Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas
|Social and Cultural Activities, Literary, Artistic and Scientific Accomplishments and Other Special Interests
|Has been working on several issues concerning the youth, such as Unemployment and lack of skill based education, rehabilitation and resettlement of farmers, displaced persons and other backward classes. Has played a major role in mobilizing the you thin Politics and actively working to create better leaders for tomorrow. Reading books on history & Politics and tracking the changing social trends
|Started as an Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) activist in the year 1983,was elected President,Talcher College Students' Union 1985; was actively involved in student and youth movements throughout Odisha ; was secretary A.B.V.P ; National Secretary ; i) A.B.V.P 1995, ii)B.J.P 2002, iii) Bhartiya Janata Yuva Morcha (B.J.Y.M) 2006, President BJYM Odisha 2001. As president successfully campaigned on the issue of religion based reservations and other related issues; Party Incharge i) BJP Tripura 2004 and BJP Chattisgarh 2008; National President BJYM 2004 ; National General Secretary , BJP 2010 ; was Election In Charge of Bihar State; Organisational In Charge of party affairs in the States of Karnataka , Uttarakhand , Jharkhand and Odisha ; Awarded Best Legislator Award , the Utkalmani Gopabandhu Pratibha Samman, 2002-2003
|Favourite Pastime and Recreation
|Spending time with Family
- Brussels(Belgium) to attend the WTO Meet, 2004
- USA to attend the International visitors Programme, 2005
- Moscow(Russia) to attend the European and Asian Joint Parliamentarians Convention for Campaign against HIV, 2006
- USA to attend the Exchange initiative between the BJP and the International Republican Institute, 2011
- Moscow(Russia) to attend 21st World Petroleum Congress from 15th June to 18th June, 2014
- Vietnam as a part of Indian Delegation led by the Hon'ble President of India from 15th September 2014 to 17th September 2014.
- Riyadh(Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) leading the Indian Delegation of Petroleum Ministry Officials and Oil PSUs chiefs from 28th October 2014 to 29th October 2014.
- Ashgabat(Turkmenistan) to attend the 19th Steering Committee meeting of TAPI(Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India) natural gas pipeline project from 18th November 2014 to 21st November 2014.
- Islamabad(Pakistan) to attend 20th Steering Committee meeting of TAPI natural gas pipeline project on 11th February 2015.
- Mozambique from 09th April to 11th April 2015 to discuss all issues related to existing investments and further expansion in areas of oil and gas in Mozambique.
- Leading a delegation to Mexico and Columbia (from 18th May to 21st May 2015) to foster mutual cooperation in the area of hydrocarbons and to seek long-term linkages for the nation’s energy security.
- Abuja(Nigeria) from 28th May to 29th May 2015 as Special Envoy of Hon'ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi to attend the swearing in ceremony of the new President
- Vienna, Austria from June 2-4, 2015 to address the 6th OPEC International Seminar organized by the Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) as a Special Guest. Also to hold bilateral consultations with the Secretary General, OPEC for setting up a regular Institutional Dialogue and meeting with the Oil and Gas Ministers of various countries like Russia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Bahrain, Angola and UAE.
- Canada from July 3-6, 2015 leading the Indian delegation for bilateral energy dialogue (covering areas like hydrocarbon, thermal energy and renewable energy) with Government of Canada. Also addressd two business conferences (in Calgary and Vancouver) attended by the CEOs from various companies in energy sector.
- Ashgabat(Turkmeinstan) from Aug 6-7, 2015 leading the Indian delegation to the 22nd Steering Committee meeting of TAPI Natural Gas pipeline project.
- Kathmandu(Nepal) from Aug 23-25, 2015 to sign the MoU between Government of India and Government of Nepal for the construction of petroleum products pipeline from Raxaul(India) to Amlekhgunj( Nepal).
- Doha(Qatar) from November 9-10, 2015 to attend the 6th Asian Ministerial Energy Roundtable, which was organized by Governments of Qatar and Thailand in association with the International Energy Forum.
- Turkmenistan from December 12-13, 2015 with Hon'ble Vice President to attend the ground-breaking ceremony of the proposed multi-billion dollar 1,735-kilometre gas pipeline connecting Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India.
- Iran from April 9-10, 2016.
- UAE from April 11-13, 2016.
- Riyad (Saudi Arabia) on April 14, 2016.
- Bangladesh on April 17-19, 2016.
- Represented India at the St Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF) St Petersburg, Russia from 16-17, June 2016. SPIEF is the leading economic event of Russia, drawing participation of important political leaders and some of the largest companies and global business leaders.
- Visited Houston and Washington D.C, during 13 – 18 July, 2016. During this visit, he launched the International Road-Show for the 67 Discovered Small Fields (DSF) in Houston. At Washington he met his counterpart Dr. Ernest Jeffrey Moniz - Secretary of Energy, USA. He also held interactions with various think-tanks working in hydrocarbon sector in Houston and Washington D.C.
- Visited Singapore during 9-10 September, 2016. During this visit, Hon'ble Minister inaugurated the Road Show and addressed the representatives of oil and gas industry, followed by a Roundtable interaction. He also met equity investors and leaders of hydrocarbon industry and spoke on “Oil and Gas Sector in India: Changing Landscape”.
- Visited UK during 11-14 September, 2016. During this visit, Hon'ble Minister inaugurated the Road Show at London and a data room relating to the DSF bid round. He also met his British counterpart HE Rt Hon Greg Clark, MP in London and also H.E. Scottish Energy Minister in Aberdeen. He addressed a gathering at the Somerville College, Oxford University on ‘Policy Initiatives in India to increase access to Clean Energy’ followed by an interaction with leading scientists.
- Visited Myanmar during 21-23 February, 2017. to enhance regional cooperation in the Hydrocarbon sector with the neighboring country. During the visit, he met with his Myanmar counterpart H.E. U Pe Zin Tun, Union Minister of Electricity and Energy, Myanmar.
- Visited US during 2-9 March, 2017. He lead a high level delegation to USA to promote India’s new Hydrocarbon Exploration and Licensing Policy (HELP) at CERA Week 2017. He also interacted with H.E. Mr. Khalid Al Falih, Minister of Energy from Saudi Arabia to discuss bilateral partnerships in the energy domain.
- Visit to Vienna from 22nd – 24th May to co-chair the 2nd India-OPEC Institutional Dialogue at the OPEC headquarters and participate in OPEC Ministerial meeting
- Istanbul, Turkey from 10 - 12 July 2017 to represent India at the 22nd World Petroleum Congress (WPC) International Conference. He chaired a Ministerial Session on the subject “Current Economic Strategies in Indian Oil & Gas Sector” and a Plenary Session on ‘Supply and Demand Challenges for Oil, Gas and Products’ and held several bilateral meetings with visiting Petroleum Ministers
- Ashgabat, Turkmenistan on 17th Sept'17 to represent the Govt of India at the Inauguration of Asian Indoor and Martial Arts Games
- Astana, Kazakhstan from 19 - 20 September 2017 to co-chair the 13th Meeting of Inter-Governmental Commission (IGC) with Kazakhstan